Being Ukranian, cabbage rolls have been a delicious part of my life for as long as I’ve been alive. But they can be a bit of a pain to make (or so I’ve heard…I’ve never actually made them 🤭) and I’ll never make them as good as my grandma anyways.
So I discovered this “unrolled” version using an Instant Pot and it’s quite good!
Use cauliflower rice as described for a low-carb meal, or add some white rice for a more traditional feel.
And don’t forget to tag us @bluephoenixfitness on Instagram when you make it!
Instant Pot Cabbage Un-Roll
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 kg extra lean ground beef ideally grass-fed, local
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2-3 cups cauliflower rice
- 6-8 cups cabbage chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic pressed, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce 398 mL
- 1 can tomato paste 156 mL
- 2 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Turn your Instant Pot to SAUTE. Add the ground beef, onion, and sea salt. Cook until meat is browned, stirring consistently.
- Turn off SAUTE mode. Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Cook using MANUAL mode for 3 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Add additional sea salt and pepper to taste.