With so many benefits of bone broth, it’s something that should be a regular staple in our diet.
But the drawback is that getting a good quality bone broth can be quite expensive.
Fortunately, it’s also incredibly easy to make bone broth. Especially this chicken broth that can be easily made after using the BP Slow Cooker Whole Chicken recipe!
You can use this a chicken broth in soup recipes or you can warm it up in a mug and drink it straight like I do. There’s not much better than warm cup of homemade bone broth on a cold winter day!
BP Chicken Bone Broth
- Slow Cooker
- 1 whole chicken carcass
- 12 cups water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Add everything to your slow cooker and put it in HIGH, uncovered. Bring to a slight boil, or at least get it very hot. This could take 1-2 hours depending on your slow cooker
- Turn slow cooker to LOW and cover for 12+ hours
- Using a very fine strainer, strain the broth into glass containers
- Either freeze it for later or keep refrigerated for up to 5 days